Effective Date: 04/15/2013
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You may choose to interact with products and services available through the Site which request information from you, such as, for example, a Contact Us page, an application for enrollment in our schools, ordering products, and otherwise. Occasionally, we request that you provide personal information to us (first name, last name, email address, birthday, etc.) If you choose not to provide such information when requested, certain functionality of the Site may not work properly. Alternatively, if you do not provide personal information as requested, we may provide alternate ordering and payment arrangements via telephone, fax, mail or another standard method of communication. Ultimately, you may choose to provide personal information to us at your option.
We also may collect information through the use of common information-gathering tools such as web beacons or cookies. A cookie is a small string of text that a website can send to your browser which helps the Site remember and customize your visit. You have the option to delete or decline cookies by changing your browser's settings. No personally identifiable information is stored in these cookies.
We may also use single pixel images on the Site or in our emails to you (web beacons). This technology tells us more about browsing, click-tracking, viewing, and buying activity, but none of your personal information will be transmitted. We may also collect information from your interaction with the Site, such as statistics in connection with pageviews, IP address, and standard web log information.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
“Contact Us” or Troubleshooting. Information provided as part of a request for contact or follow up as part of the “Contact Us” feature on the Site will be used by us to contact you and discuss your concerns. We may use your information to provide customer support or troubleshooting in the connection with your use of our Site.
Combination. We may on occasion combine information we collect through the Site with information that we collect from other sources. Information Sharing. We may disclose your information to our affiliates, as well as third party partners as follows below:
- Service Providers: Your information may be shared with third party service providers that assist us in fulfilling orders from customers, delivering packages, sending mail, providing web analytics, providing search results and links, or similar customer services.
- Law Enforcement: Your information may be shared with law enforcement officials if it relates to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity;
- Necessary or for Safety Reasons: We may also disclose your information if required or permitted to do so by law, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of DVMHS or the users of the Site, to act under urgent circumstances to protect the safety of DVMHS or its employees or a member of the public, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Sale or Acquisition of Assets: If DVMHS becomes involved in a transaction involving the sale of its assets, such as a merger or acquisition, or if DVMHS is transferred to another company, DVMHS may disclose and/or transfer your information as part of the transaction. If the surviving entity in that transaction is not DVMHS, the surviving entity may use your information pursuant to their own privacy policies, and those policies may be different from this Policy.
- On occasion, we may provide non-personally identifiable information about our users, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors to help us understand this information better. However, these statistics will not include any personally identifiable information.
If you provide your email address to us, we may notify you about important functionality changes to the website, new services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable. You may opt-out of receiving communications to us via email by following the instructions provided in any email sent to you by us.
We employ commercially reasonable efforts to protect information collected and used through the Site. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we take commercially reasonable steps to ensure the safety of all information. For example, we take efforts such that only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to such information. We will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your Personally Identifiable Information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
We strive to not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen without consent from a parent or legal guardian through the Site. As such, we take reasonable efforts to obtain parent or legal guardian consent prior to collecting and using such information, and we disclose our privacy practices to such parents and legal guardians. In the event that we determine we have collected such information from a child under the age of thirteen, we take reasonable efforts to remove it from our systems.
YOUR CONSENT AND NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
This policy was last modified at the date first printed above. We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time, and you should check this page periodically for changes.
If there are any questions regarding this Policy you may contact us using the information below.
Desert View Middle & High School
PO Box 6502
Yuma, Arizona 85366